Features and Benefits
- Longest oil life is beyond today’s standards in premium performance
- 3052 hours of drain interval in a Cat 3500 TA LE engine is dramatically beyond today’s standards
- Exceptional resistance to breakdown caused by oxidation and nitration
- Extended engine life by reducing varnish, sludge and carbon deposits to maintain optimal engine performance.
- Can reduce downtime by maximizing the time between major engine overhauls.
- Keeps engine parts clean
- Minimizes piston, ring zone and valve stem deposits, which prolongs time between overhaul life and protects engines longer
- Prevents excessive combustion chamber ash deposits
- Improves engine lubrication by maintaining clean oil-ways
Petro-Canada’s SENTRON LD 5000 Natural Gas Engine Oil is recommended for use in Caterpillar, Superior, Waukesha and other turbocharged, naturally aspirated and lean burn engines that require a low ash natural gas engine oil.
SENTRON LD 5000 incorporates additives for the extra performance required for severe service applications, including high output, turbocharged engines that encounter high exhaust gas temperatures.
With it's extremely robust base retention and acid resistance, it is also expected to meet the more severe operational needs of cogeneration (CHP), biogas, sewage gas, coal bed methane and halogen-free landfill gas operations. SENTRON LD 5000 has shown exceptional long-life performance in Caterpillar Series 3500 engines, and is suitable for use in engines fitted with catalytic converters. It can also be used in reciprocating gas compressors where a SAE40 weight oil is recommended.