Its compact size and highly durable design makes it perfect for integration into space constrained OEM devices with omni-directional near and far range requirements.
Features of Near/Far 2D Imager (3rd Generation) - EX25
- Class leading – the only auto-focusing 2D imager that can read near and far field, up to 50ft/15m
- High performing – reads poorly printed, damaged and bar codes down to 3mil resolution
- Rugged – designed to withstand extreme temperatures, vibrations and shock constraints, for extended and consistent use in tough environments
- Ergonomic – omni-directional bar code reading and fast “aim and scan” operation, optimised for operator productivity
- Future proofed – reads 1D, composite, stacked and 2D bar codes, to comply with the newest industry standards
- Powerful – captures high resolution images (1-Mpix), extending application and customer use
- Purpose-built – extremely compact dimensions fit the tightest mechanical constraints, including the industry standard RS232 interface and the common Intermec communication protocol (ISCP)
Revolutionary Scanning Performance to Improve Productivity
The EX25 from Intermec is the industry's first bar code 2D imager that provides integrated near/far scanning technology featuring unparalleled flexibility to read 1D and 2D bar codes, omni-directionally at distances from 6 inches to over 50 feet (15 cm to 15m). This 3rd generation of revolutionary scanning technology translates into significant increases in user productivity.
The new EX25 advances scanning technology and delivers new levels of customer satisfaction with such enhancements as increased reading range of more than 30%. Its wider optical angle allows reading at closer distances than ever before. The EX25 efficiently reads 1D bar codes down to 3mils while enhancing user comfort.
The versatility of the EX25 eliminates the need for multiple bar code optics in OEM products, but also captures high quality images up to 1-Mpix, extending its benefits to OEM customers and value add to the end user.
Breakthrough Features for Increased Ease of Use
Its omni-directional reading capability, coupled with a highly visible laser pointer, allows users to seamlessly transition between scanning – from objects up close to 15 meters (50 feet) away. This is done without requiring the user to move from their location, even in variable lighting conditions and angles.
Unparalleled Construction for Use in Any Situation
Designed to work in the most hostile environments, the EX25 operates from total darkness to full sunshine while being exposed to a wide temperature range. The EX25 also complies with the most stringent standards for shock and vibration.
Confidence Now and Protection for the Future
This exciting and powerful engine shares the same Intermec Scanner Control Protocol as other Intermec engines, supporting enhanced and integrated design efforts across multiple OEM product platforms. For Intermec scan engine customers, this results in reduced time to market and support for improved product migration.
Everything has been done to simplify the integration of the EX25 engine into space-constrained OEM devices, including its highly durable design, compact size, low power 3.3 V operation, and standard decoded RS232 interface.
The breakthrough features of the EX25 – including the ability to support 1D, stacked, composite and 2D matrix codes – provides users with assurance their investment is protected long-term while providing immediate support for current industry standards.
For more information on Near/Far 2D Imager (3rd Generation) - EX25, please click here.