There are three sizes available:
Air inflatable curtain booms are impervious (non-absorbent) air-filled, inflatable containment booms designed for fast spill response situations.
They are ideal for short term or longer term deployment in harbours, rivers, ponds, dams or other rougher waters. The 1530mm boom's total height makes it ideal for use in rougher open waters.
- Neptune air inflatable curtain boom performs well in rougher waters.
- This boom is easy to handle, store and deploy from bags, cages or reels.
- Neptune air inflatable curtain boom features excellent wave following characteristics.
- Integral air chamber which supports the weighted curtain.
- Air inflatable curtain boom is manufactured by high frequency fabric welding in 15 metre or 30 metre sections.
- Neptune boom is UV and oil resistant with a buoyancy to weight ration of 25:1.
- Choice of 900gsm PVC or 800gsm urethane.
- Each section has anchor points and extruded aluminium ASTM end connectors to allow multiple lengths to be joined together.
How does an inflatable curtain boom work?
Air inflatable curtain booms have an air chamber that inflates and a skirt that hangs beneath the water surface. They have good wave-following properties and are easy to store and clean. Small air booms are fast to deploy when stored in bags or on reels.
Notes about oil containment booms:
Floating booms or impervious barriers that trap oil on the water’s surface are universally called oil containment booms. They are generally manufactured from PVC or urethane material and are able to withstand the harsh conditions and elements typically found at an oil spill. Oil containment booms typically consist of the following elements:
- Freeboard – the part of the boom above the water’s surface. Designed to deflect or contain an oil spill.
- Skirt – the impervious barrier below the water’s surface. Skirt depth varies according to boom type.
- Ballast – located at the bottom of the skirt and keeps the boom upright in the water.
- Connectors – allow multiple boom lengths to be joined together to form one long continuous barrier.
Australian Made and Owned