Supplementing the Siemens Simovert Masterdrive control cabinet units, the SINAMICS G150 cabinet units have been designed for variable speed drives in the manufacturing and process industries and have been specially tuned to the requirements of drives with quadratic or constant torque load characteristics with medium performance requirements. Compared to a fixed speed drive, the converter saves up to 50 percent energy and requires up to 70 percent less space than conventional devices.
Applications of New Generation of Variable Speed Drives:
The SINAMICS G150 variable speed drives are used wherever bulk materials either in solid, liquid or gaseous form need to be moved, transported, pumped or compressed.
Such applications include:
- Pumps and fans
- Extruders and mixers
Customer Benefits and Important Features of New Generation of Variable Speed Drives:
- The SINAMICS G150 variable speed drive can be integrated into any Siemens automation landscape under the Totally Integrated Automation (TIA) concept using a standard PROFIBUS interface and various analogue and digital interfaces.
- The SINAMICS G150 is a particularly quiet and compact variable speed drive that uses state of the art IGBT power semiconductors and innovative cooling solutions. The newly developed modular power blocks are particularly easy to service and can be replaced as a complete unit if necessary.
- Only a few parameters need to be set when commissioning the SINAMICS G150. A high level of operating convenience is provided by the AOP30 operator panel with a menu-prompted graphics based alphanumeric text display
Design of New Generation of Variable Speed Drives:
- The SINAMICS G150 uses ready-to-connect AC/AC converters in a standard control cabinet. A comprehensive range of options enables adaptation in order to meet customer requirements.
- Different designs also permit the power supply and motor connections to be located at the top or the bottom of the cabinet unit
- SINAMICS G150 cabinet units are available in widths from 400mm upwards in intervals of 200mm, in various degrees of protection up to IP154, and with two design versions.
- The cabinet units are available for an output range from 75kW to 800kW, in supply voltages 380-480V/660-690V.
- An optional braking module can be fitted for dynamic braking requirements.