View web version

23rd May 2014
More Marketing Insights
Why online B2B marketplaces offer more than website referrals
Planning your marketing budget
Thought leadership
Creating videos
Content marketing strategy
Brand building 2.0
Boost your marketing knowledge
Success Stories
Q&A: Moffat praises diverse advantages of IndustrySearch package
In this Q&A testimonial Moffat's Online Marketing & Communication Coordinator, Michael Hovardas praises the holistic marketing achievements of IndustrySearch, highlighting its ability to attract a large audience, generate strong leads and provide a trustworthy information resource for the industry.
Storefront of the Month
Congratulations to FLIR Systems Australia, the IndustrySearch Storefront of the Month for May!
How to write a Product Article
How to write a News Release
How to write a Case Study
How to write a Q&A Article
How to write a Feature Article
Google authorship: how and why
Storefront Tips
Build more followers
Insert a follow link or icon on your website or email signature. More..
Get more content in the NewsWire
Write articles that aren’t too salesy and think about what the reader is interested in learning.
Want to sell new products?
Use your Storefront stats to see what your most popular products are and consider selling similar items.
Get indexed by search engines
Focus on well researched keyword phrases, place them carefully, and don't over use them.
Get your categories right
Our categories are growing and evolving all the time, so it’s worth checking them regularly for your Storefront.
The art of educating your audience
By Kalon Huett, Managing Editor

Rarely will you hear a story about a new product that was so innovative and so necessary, that it attracted attention from the moment it hit the market with little marketing to get sales rolling in. Effective marketing connects great ideas with eager buyers.

But the question is not always, "what type of marketing will help my product be seen?". Sometimes the question is, "what type of marketing will help educate my target audience about what my product does?".

This is a subtle but significant difference. If you stock a generic, well-known machine or part that your sector widely utilises, perhaps competitive prices and solid brand marketing will suffice. However, if you stock a custom piece of equipment people might not fully understand the value of, or you offer a comprehensive service that sets you apart from the competition, the real marketing battle is one of education.

Let the education begin

Ensuring the right people are aware of the product's applications and advantages comes above all else, but don't trick yourself into believing that content overloaded with detailed specifications are the only way to achieve this. The more you try to sell, sell, sell - the greater the risk of losing your buyer. You may understand the product's benefits from a quick glance at the model name, dimensions and specs, but that knowledge doesn't necessarily translate to readers. Read more

Writing Content People Will Actually Read: Tips and Ideas
Clear Compass Digital Group
By now, we all know that creative content is your ticket to SEO rankings and general stickiness. But how do you get it? You might be interested to find out that anyone can write content that will get your product seen; you just have to know how to do it! Read more

Do You Ignore 90% of Your Customers?
According to Chet Holmes, one of the best business coaches in the world, only 3% of your audience is ready to buy NOW, and another 6-7% is open to that chance (watch this video at 0:13:00). If you want to get other 90%, you need to interact with your customer multiple times.

What should you do? Be useful; be personal; provide a lot of value; convince your audience that you are the expert. And only then…try to sell. Read more

Are Your Content Marketing Efforts Reaching the Right Audience?
Content marketing has become a necessity for businesses that want to succeed online. However, the importance of these marketing efforts can be overshadowed by a lack in quality article writing and a failure to effectively reach the right audience. Hiring content writing services is one of the best ways to reach that audience. If you have experienced difficulty in driving traffic and generating leads with your current strategy, it may be time to re-evaluate. Read more

Follow us:  

You are receiving this message from IndustrySearch. Your details have not been provided
to any third party. -Privacy Policy   -Contact us   -Unsubscribe/Update profile -Advertise