The torque output is easily changed by adjusting the air pressure setting. The single position design assures re-engagement of the drive, from a complete stop, in the same position every time, thus providing exact timing of both components.
A limit Switch Assembly senses electrical problems and interrupts power prior to damage occurring. Torque limiters are available in either Open or Enclosed designs in two mounting styles - Set Collar and Set Screw. Single or Double Flex Coupling Adapters can be added for vibration and shock protection, and in-line coupling applications.
Air Pressure Control Systems are available in 2 styles to provide remote adjustment of torque settings. There are 30 Imperial Models and 9 Metric Models to choose from, each with a wide range of bore sizes and operating specifications.
When a preset torque level is exceeded, the driven components are disengaged via a ball ramping out of its detent. The resultant axial movement to the piston triggers a microswitch. This can be programmed to release air to the Torque Limiter and set off a warning alarm to the operator.
- Overload Protection
- Positive Drive
- Single-position, ball-detent interface for same-position re-engagement
- Variable torque levels achieved remotely with air pressure regulator
- AIr engaged/spring released with open and closed units available
- Set screw or collet shaft mounting or pilot mounting for sprockets or pulleys
- Optional coupling adapters for vibrations/shock or in-line applications
- Bore range: 5/8 to 2 15/16 inches [Imperial and metric sizes available]
- Nickel plated exterior meets USDA and NEMA standards
- Corrosion resistant design ideal for food and chemical processing
- Avalable for torque up to 3390 Nm [30,000 in-lb]
- Overload Protection System electronically detects torque overloads
- OPS disengages clutch and sends signal to external signalling devices.
- OPS can reengage at any speed with the push of a button