Nexen 8350 Caliper Brakes
An air actuated caliper brake, complete with its own "T" mounting bracket can be easily mounted in many different configurations. Rugged and servicable with self adjusting linings.
The design of this brake offersmany features not found in otherbrakes of this type:
- Static Torque capacity up to 1040In. Lbs. @ 80 psi w/16" Disk
- Brake Torque may be doubled ortripled by adding brake calipers
- Air Actuated
- Arc contoured shoe provideslarge friction area, for greaterfacing life and stability
- Easily mounted in any positionwith T Bracket
- Disc Speeds up to 4500 rpm
- Disc Hubs use QDBushing“SK” for shaft sizes from 0.5 to2.125 inches/Standard Keyway.
- Spring return eliminates discdrag when disengaged
- Optional Air Hose Assemblycomes with required fittings andhose for both air inletsThe Disc, Hub and Air Hose mustbe ordered separately. QDBushingis customer furnished. Optional discs available from 10” to 16”diameter.
Nexen BD Caliper Brakes
A robust caliper brake with either air actuation or spring actuation (with air & sping emergency braking provision) this caliper is ideal for industrial applications requiring holding, stopping of high inertial loads, controlled deceleration or tension control.
Combined with a cast iron vented disc it allows very high heat disapation and thermal loads.
Customers can now take advantage of a high performing brake at an affordable cost for their emergency stopping and/or holding applications.
Nexen's BD Caliper Brake is spring applied and its compact actuator is hydraulically released, with mounting capabilities on either side of the brake. Capable of high cyclic duty, this BD Caliper Brake is ideal for rapid start/stop applications. Its simple design with very few seals and moving parts make installation and maintenance easy.
The brake shoes mount with detent pins for quick friction facing replacement and all pivot pins have life-lubricated pivot-point bearings. The BD brake has proven itself by its low-cost and high performance in several types of applications and industries such as sawmill, steel mill, bulk material conveyor, automotive production, wind turbine, amusement parks, ski lifts, pulp and paper, wire rolling/drawing and textile.
BD Model Air Actuated Caliper Brakes provide:
- Static Torque capacity up to19,000 In. Lbs. psi with 24 inch disc
- Air Actuated
- Actuators mount on either sideof the brake
- Air connections can be rotated 360 degrees around actuatoraxis
- Multiply stopping power byinstalling more than one caliperbrake per disc
- Shoes are mounted with detentpins for quick replacement
- Caliper spacing fits 0.500 inchwide discs
- SPC shoes fit on BDModelCaliper Brakes for longer life andhigher peak input rate
- All pivot points have life-lubricated bearings
- Optional discs from 12 to 24inch diameters
- Disc Speeds up to 3200 rpmwith 14 inch discs
- QD Bushing compatible, forshaft sizes up to 3.875 inches
Nexen BC Caliper Brakes
Mid sized caliper brakes available in two sizes, both with air actuation or sping on/air off actuation for "safety brake" installations.
- Controlled Deceleraion
- Tension Control
Features / Benefits
- Air-engaged, spring-released or spring-engaged, air-released models
- Torque ratings from 2 to 5649Nm [20 - 50,000 in-lb]
- Disc diameters from 152 to 610mm [6 to 64 in]
- Combine multiple brakes on a single disc to increase stopping power
- Adjustable caliper spacing for various disc widths
- Detent pins for quick facing shoe removal
- Simple design, easy to apply and easy to maintain
- Compact design with high torque ratings
- Ten models available or custom design for specific application needs