The topic and effects of noise in workplaces is attracting increasing attention from regulators and employee advocates. Timely action can reduce the risks associated with excessive noise.
Every state is placing more importance on the issue of noise in the workplace by creating new regulations. Noise surveys are required at least every five years, or more frequently if workplace changes occur.
Training employees about noise and developing noise plans are also required by legislation.
Our noise management services include:
- Sound pressure level surveys
- Labelling and signage of noisy plant and equipment
- Noise exposure assessments (personal noise dosimetry)
- Recommendations for the control of noise exposure
- Assessments relating to engineering out of noise
- Recommendations on the requirements for personal hearing protection
- Assistance with the preparation of noise plans
- Noise training
Noise Regulations state that anyone required to wear hearing protection must have their hearing tested at least every 2 years and within 3 months of commencing work.
Our mobile audiometric testing unit minimises loss of productive time by testing workers onsite.
Hearing training, another legislative requirement, can be addressed on site at the time of the hearing tests.