Principle of operation
The 'IT' non-slam check valve:
- Instantaneously opens when the pump starts working
- Gradually closes at a speed controlled by the valve speed control orifice
- While closing, gradually reduces the flow through the valve
- Utilises a spring to ensure a valve closed position
- Can be installed in a horizontal or vertical position
Long life, low maintenance
The 'IT' non-slam check valve is powder coated on all moving surfaces to minimise corrosion and prevent scale build-up. The valve's shuttle is suspended on Vesconite bushes (green marked sleeves). This material composition provides excellent support and prevents scale build-up which prevents the valve from jamming.
The 'IT' non-slam check valve's spring maintains a closed valve position when the valve's upstream is empty. The spring also assists the closing function on reverse flow conditions.
The 'IT' non-slam check valve speed is determined by the speed control orifice. Decreasing the orifice size slows down the closing speed and vice versa.
The 'IT' non-slam check valve face-to-face dimension could be increased if requested by the client.
Materials and specifications
Contact the manufacturer or distributors for details, or please click here.
Dimensions and rating
- 25NB (1") - 600NB (24")
- 10 bar (147 psi) - 250 bar (3675 psi)
- Flanges – SABS 1123, BS4504, BS10, ASME B16.34
- Couplings – tapered shoulders and other pipe