The Stud Tensioner uses hydraulic pressure to tension the bolt to the exact load required. Once the bolt has been tensioned, the nut is wound down the thread to retain the load.
The tensioner is then de-pressurised, released and ready to use again.
The Spring Return Stud Tensioner is suitable for use where:
- Accurate and reliable loading is required on bolting
- Vibrational or torsional stresses are a problem
- Regular maintenance requires repeated adjustment or removal of nuts
- There are confined and difficult nut locations
- Simultaneous tightening of bolts is required (e.g. Flanges)
- All dimensions are in millimetres
- Stroke for all models is 15mm
- Maximum force is generated at 150 MPa
Stud Tensioner ordered as a complete tool, for example: B3S-L4-M36X40 is specified to suit M36x4
Adaptor Kits ordered separately, for example: SL4-MX36X40 is specified to suit M36x4.0