OCME S.r.l. Italian World leading manufacturer of packaging, filling, handling and palletising systems for the beverage and consumer product industries, will showcase their revolutionary new patented DryBlock system at their Parma Headquarters in September during their Open House.
The DryBlock system combines the entire dry part of the production filling line into a single, integrated and synchronised monoblock. The system has various modules including a labeller, packaging machine (shrink wrapper, tray former, wrap-around, pick and place) and a palletising module that typically consists of a layer forming unit and one or more robots or alternatively traditional palletisers.
- Increase in efficiency - the combined efficiency of a line of DryBlock is greater than the sum of efficiency of the individual units
- Cost reduction - a single operator can control the entire line
- Energy consumption reduced by up to 36 per cent
- Substantial space reduction due to elimination of buffering/accumulation conveyors
- Noise reduction - due to a reduction of components and accumulation
- High level of flexibility - format changes are automated and made quickly for a wide range of bottle sizes and shapes
- Can be retrofitted to majority of existing lines
- Can be integrated with a wide range of labellers and or sleevers
The key feature of the DryBlock logic is the rationalisation of the product flow which has led to the elimination of accumulation, thereby minimizing friction and contact between containers. This reduces the risk of damage to the product even when dealing with ultra light, fragile, delicate and unstable containers.
OCME S.r.l is represented in Oceania by HBM Packaging Technologies