Developed in early 1998 by Australian based Mid-Comp International Pty Ltd, it is truly Internet based (as opposed to being just Internet enabled). It requires only a simple web browser and low end PC at the client end and as such delivers the true virtual office at a commercial enterprise level. It has the potential to revolutionize traditional working conventions through the delivery of instant e-business capability at no additional cost.
Unlike conventional software packages, Odyssey offers a very cost effective upgrade path. This is made possible by virtue of its underlying technical design concept that business process modifications are externalized from the base software engine, not hard coded into it. This ensures a large degree of flexibility that enables Odyssey to dynamically grow and evolve with a company and can be configured to a client's exact requirements.
Odyssey — Software for the future!
Traditional first tier ERP products take years to implement, require extensive changes to the "best practices" to suit your business, and consulting fees remain a fixed cost every year. Each time you expand your business and add more users, you get a bill. Any time a new release arrives, the consulting team takes up residence in your company. They tell you what hardware platform and what database you must use.
Odyssey has changed the rules:
- Select the environment you want to use. Any hardware platform, any SQL database and any operating system (our personal environment of choice is the IBM iSeries, DB/2 and Websphere)
- Get full function that you can move from one environment to another over the weekend. Start with Intel/SQL server and upgrade to iSeries as you grow
- Install a new release in hours without using consultants
- No user fees, no upgrade fees and fees based on hardware platform
- Eliminate expensive user workstations and replace with inexpensive PCs with any web browser. The browser can be in any language.
- All communications is via low bandwidth Internet or Intranet connections. Users can be anywhere; home, traveling or in the office.
"One Odyssey installation is capable of simultaneously managing any number of sites, in any number of countries, in any combination of languages, for multiple users up to 1000 active sessions. Our hardware preference is IBM iSeries machine with Websphere and DB2, but we can also deploy on any other e-business capable platform"
Steve Bridges, Managing Director, Mid-Comp International Pty Ltd.