Features of TESO PC3 Series OEMs Modular PLCs for Harsh Environments:
- Rail hardened
- EN50155 compliant
- Web based maintenance software
- Data logging and event logging
- IEC61131-3 and "C" programmable
- All major TCMS interfaces supported
- Class TX operating temperature (-40ºC to +85ºC)
- 802.11b/g WiFi capable
If your requirements are slightly different to our off-the-shelf offering, OEM Technology Solutions can provide the ISO9001 accredited design services to customise the PC3 controller to suit your application. We have a suite of off-the-shelf electronic and software building blocks to create your ideal solution.
The PC3 has been designed specifically for high reliability applications such as the railway industry.
The PC3 is compliant to the EN50155:2007 Standard, including formal testing for:
- Class TX Operating Temperature (-40°C to +85°C)
- EFTB Immunity (EN 61000-4-4), Surge Immunity (EN 61000-4-5) and ESD Immunity (EN 61000-4-2)
- Conducted Disturbances RFI Immunity (EN 61000-4-6) and Radiated Disturbances RFI Immunity (EN 61000-4-3)
- Radiated and Conducted Emissions (EN 55011)
- Shock and Vibration (EN 61373 – Category 1 Class B)
With M12 10/100 Base-T Ethernet capability as standard, the PC3 series programmable controller offers state of the art communications capability.
Out of the box features include:
- 10/100 Base-T Ethernet (M12 connector)
- Modbus TCP/IP
- 1 x RS232
- 1 x Isolated RS485
- 1 x 802.11 b/g WiFi
Optional: USB2.0, CANopen, MVB (Type EMD), 3G modem, LONWorks
Today's trains are complex, real time distributed systems and include many embedded subsystems, however, they are typically independent devices.
The PC3 controller with WiFi is perfectly suited to combining these subsystems for condition monitoring applications.
The PC3 controller can interface to existing subsystems such as doors, brakes, HVAC, lighting and power to provide owners, operators, train builders, maintainers and subsystem oem’s with the data they need to perform condition based maintenance.
The information received results in a much more effective maintenance programme than traditional corrective and planned maintenance activities, resulting in greatly reduced Life Cycle Costs.
The PC3 series programmable controller can be configured with the PM3002 processor module to provide a 10/100 Mbps wired ethernet interface (via M12 connector) as well as an 802.11 b/g WiFi interface.
The powerful PC3 WiFi interface allows a master PC3 controller to communicate with up to sixteen slave PC3 controllers using a secure 802.11 b/g private network.
The 802.11 private network can also be configured to allow maintenance personnel, equipped with suitably configured tablet PCs or smartphones to monitor and control the train subsystem status.
With appropriate security permissions, the PM3002 can also connect to an on-train WiFi access point to provide secure data to a remote shore based server. When combined with the existing PC3 suite of EN50155 compliant I/O and communications modules, the PC3 Controller with WiFi connectivity is the perfect railway automation solution for:
- Subsystem control and monitoring
- Remote monitoring
- Condition monitoring
- Train refurbishment programmes where new cabling is impossible