Oil and fuel organic filter (HSF900)
Organic filters absorb oil, fuel, diesel, petrol and other hydrocarbons and are ideal for the final polishing of oil-contaminated water.
Use this oil and fuel organic filter for the final polishing of low level oil contaminants discharged from gravity plate separators, interceptor or API pits, settling ponds, dams or storage bunds, prior to being released into the environment.
Organic filters provide peace of mind filtration for power stations, refineries, chemical plants and minesites where potentially contaminated cooling water or process water discharges into rivers, waterways or oceans.
- Standard organic filter is 90cm x 90cm. Filters can be custom made to suit the application and supplied with side rails to allow removal by crane or davit arm.
- Organic oil filters are supplied with stainless steel or galvanised steel frames to suit large and small diameter outlet pipes, drains, flumes, etc. Multiple units can be installed staggered and overlapping.
- Organic oil and fuel absorbent filters can be installed in outlets with a maximum velocity of 1.5 m/sec. They create minimal back pressure and can achieve effluent qualities of <10mg/L (depending on influent conditions).
- Filter material can be replaced when fully saturated with oil.
- Customers can purchase organic oil and fuel material to make their own filters.
- Organic filters are made from a biodegradable, organic cotton absorbent produced from a sustainable resource. It has exceptional oil/fuel absorbency and is able to recover up to 26 times its own weight in oil.
- Organic oil and fuel absorbent filters are highly water-repellent (hydrophobic) with a fast wicking action that locks hydrocarbons into the organic fibre to rapidly soak up mineral oil, synthetic oil, vegetable oil, grease and fat.
- Oil and fuel organic filter pads are 360gsm, biodegradable and water repellent (hydrophobic).
- Being organic, used absorbents may be land farmed, if permitted.
Oil filter bag – bund discharge filter (OFB)
An oil filter bag (bund discharge filter) captures oil from discharged water when emptying an IBC spill pallet bund.
Use an oil filter bag (bund discharge filter) to capture oil from discharged water when emptying an IBC spill pallet bund.
The controlled release of the rainwater from oil and fuel storage bunds (in compliance with AS1940:2004) based on visual inspection alone is usually not sufficient to ensure the concentration of hydrocarbons in the rainwater does not exceed discharge limit requirements.
- Use the bund discharge filter to capture up to 30 litres of oil/fuel and other hydrocarbons from the spill containment area when draining rainwater from the bund.
- Lightweight, aluminium, internal flow distributor with 50mm female camlock adaptor for quick connection and release.
- Bund discharge filter has a tough geo-synthetic outer skin and packed with super absorbent white polypropylene. Our white absorbents repel water (hydrophobic) and will absorb up to 20 times their own weight in oil, fuels and other hydrocarbons.
- Replacement oil filter bags can be ordered individually.
- Bund discharge filters are ideal for use with our single and double IBC spill containment pallet bunds.
Australian Made and Owned