Oil Cooled Transformers for Motor Starting
Oil Cooled Transformers
TMC produces oil cooled motor starting auto-transformers to suit all motor capacities.
Motor Starting Transformer Characteristics
Motor starting transformers are auto transformers with tappings in the range of 50% to 70% of rated voltage (customer specified).
The motor to be started is switched through the auto transformer in such a way as to start the motor at a lower voltage to minimise starting load and the associated supply voltage drop. This method is often referred to as the "Korndorfer Starter" method.
Information Required with Enquiry:
- Voltages (at no-load)
- Voltage tapping range.
- Number of Phases (normally 3)
- Operating Frequency
- Motor rating
- Motor locked-rotor current
- Motor start duration (seconds)
- Number of starts per hour
- Ambient conditions
- Design Standard
- Enclosure Protection Rating
- Temperature Sensing Equipment
- Current Sensing Equipment (CT's).
To Know More about Oil Cooled Transformers For Motor Starting Please click here