CONTINUOUS BELT TYPE
Manufactured by Abanaki Corporation, Chagrin Falls, Ohio, USA. There are numerous sizes, configurations, capabilities and belt types.
- Abanaki's most popular model, suitable for most applications
- Oil removal rates up to 150 l/hr
- Used when less capacity and smaller size are appropriate
- Oil removal rates up to 75 l/hr
- Single unit portability
- Also for permanent installations with limited access
- Oil removal rates up to 45 l/hr
- Well suited for coolant tanks and parts washers
- Smallest and lightest Abanaki belt skimmer
- Easily hand carried to the source of the problem
- Oil removal rates up to 3.8 l/hr
Applications of Continuous Belt Type Oil Skimmers
- Drainage pits in primary metal mills and factories
- Metalworking parts washers, coolant tanks and heat treating fluids
- Truck, locomotive and other mobile equipment wash bay sumps
- Underground tanks and monitoring wells
- Aircraft service areas and tarmac runoff
- Outdoor ponds, lakes and basins
Benefits and Features of Continuous Belt Type Oil Skimmers
- Extends coolant life by removing tramp oils
- Prevents plugging of spray heads and filters
- Skimmed oil can be recycled and reused as a lubricant or fuel
- Lifts oil any distance without the need for expensive pumps
- Easy mounting and fast cleaning, with minimal maintenance
- Multiple mounting options for easy installation
- Floor mounting stands available
Manufactured by Douglas Engineering, Concord, California, USA. The range includes In-Tank or Spill Response configurations. The most common arrangement is the "Flow Control Weir"
Skim-pak Flow Control Weir models clean oils, foams and other floating materials from water surface.
These non-selective, high volume skimmers will attract the liquid surface from a 360 degree radius for complete product removal. Light weight and compact, these skimmers are easy to use.
Available in a range of sizes and materials, skim pak flow control weir skimmers are an ideal solution for most skimming applications.
At the entrance to the skimmer sump, a floating weir creates a small waterfall which produces the skimming effect.
The weir adjusts itself to the proper depth for the flow of the pump. Conversely, the depth of the weir can easily be set by controlling the volume of the pump.
Applications of Floating Type Oil Skimmers
- Storage tanks up to 100,000 litres
- Settling ponds
- Oil / water separators
- Oil and other VOC spill recovery
- Oil spill clean up in harbours, lakes, ponds & lagoons
Benefits & Features of Floating Type Oil Skimmers
- Compact size:
- Turbulence tolerant:
- Automatic operation:
- Versatile deployment:
- Rugged construction: