This oil spill training course will provide an understanding of the concerns that management and other relevant authorities have towards environmental damage caused by oil spills.
At the end of the session participants will be able
a. To identify the characteristics, purpose and use of the different types of spill control equipment
b. To be able to describe the appropriate action in the event of an oil/chemical spill.
Participants are encouraged to reflect on their own hydrocarbon handling procedures and to consider personal contingency plans.
The different types of absorbents that are available on the market and their individual characteristics are noted and discussed.
The oil spill training course includes an understanding of the fundamental properties of hydrocarbons and the basic techniques and equipment to control contain and clean up spills.
A number of “hands-on” demonstrations are used to illustrate important aspects of various types of products. Discussion is held to evaluate those aspects including disposal options.
The important issues of bio-remediation, oil/water separation, disposal and incident reporting are covered in the course.
A short test allows the presenter to review points and ensure those attending have grasped the important issues.
• An awareness of the environmental philosophy of the company
• Confidence on how to use emergency response equipment
• Knowledge of the type of equipment available to allow participants to review and improve their own hydrocarbon handling techniques.
• Review the company’s emergency plans, incident reporting and disposal preferences.
5. Rewards: Each participant is provided with course notes and a pen. On completion of the course each person receives a “Spill Crew” peak cap and a few days later a “Certificate” is forwarded.
Participants per session:
Min 4 to 20 people
At your business premises, site or at our premises.
NEW CHEMICAL SPILL TRAINING COURSE DUE FOR RELEASE SOON!!