The Teleterm M3 RTU now boasts a satellite communications option to the Omniflex Web based Data2Desktop Datacentre. The satellite has access to hard to reach locations, with limited infrastructure.
Remote Monitoring requires the usage of the most suitable communications infrastructure available at the remote location. While GSM networks are ubiquitous they do not provide complete coverage whereas satellite coverage is essentially global. The Teleterm series has now added Satellite communications to its list of remote monitoring options. The satellite option provides hard to reach locations, with limited infrastructure an option to gather data.
The Satellite link provides Data2Desktop the “Omniflex Web based data portal” with a third option for communication in remote monitoring applications. Teleterm remote monitoring users now have the option of a Satellite or GSM link or Ethernet depending on the infrastructure availability.
While satellite communication services are more expensive than GSM services, it’s cost benefit ratio is still very attractive for many applications in remote monitoring.
- Low Power enables solar power usage.
- Operates off 12 or 24Vdc supply.
- Easy field installation for Antenna
- Receive Data2Desktop SMS commands
- Off the shelf satellite solution
- Data coverage globally
- Factory Pre Test
- Quick Installation and Implementation
Summary of Teleterm M3 Communications options and range:
- RS232/RS485 Modbus up to 1000m
- Ethernet Modbus TCP limited by Switch infrastructure or VPN
- Twisted Pair Conet up to 10km on shielded twisted pair (Perfect for Last Mile)
- License free band Radio up to 20km (frequency band dependent)
- GSM Unlimited distance (infrastructure dependent)
- Satellite unlimited distance (infrastructure dependent)