A feature of many ores and associated rocks is that they usually contain trace amounts of potassium, thorium and uranium. Within any individual ore deposit, the absolute amount of these elements usually varies in direct proportion to the amount of different constituents of the ore.
By using a sensitive detector, combined with careful screening of the detector to exclude other natural radiation such as solar and terrestrial radiation, the Natural Gamma Monitor can determine the concentration of the target elements with a suitable precision for many applications. The Monitor contains no radioactive source.
Note – Precision is entirely ore type dependent. Scantech will carry out test work on samples of ore prior to specification of the system to any application. Contact Scantech for more information.
MINERALSCAN Model 1500 Applications:
Real time ore quality data provides active process control, with timely information on ore quality to make decisions that maximise the value of the resource and minimise operating costs. Typical applications include:
- Prompt feedback to mining faces on waste and contamination;
- Monitor run-of-mine ore grade prior to stockpiling;
- Monitor run-of-mine feed to the processing plant;
- Monitor product quality to ensure plant operation is optimised;
- Ensure product meets specification.
MINERALSCAN Model 1500 Natural Gamma Minerals Monitor Advantages:
- State-of-the-art technology;
- Low investment and maintenance costs;
- Simple installation;
- Configured to suit any belt size and load;
- Does not touch the ore or the conveyor belt;
- No sampling necessary during normal operation;
- Standard plant interfaces, including RS422 and Ethernet;
- IP65 (NEMA4) protection to suit typical plant conditions;
- Optional customised software output using SuperSCAN;
- Local technical support;
- Remote modem support.
For your peace of mind we can offer you Free Testwork on your Samples to asses the suitability of the technology to each application. This removes any concern over buying a system where performance for your application would otherwise be uncertain.
We provide money back performance guarantees on our analysers. To find out more please call or use the IndustrySearch email form for a direct reply.