Benefits of music on hold may include the following, if properly configured:
- Assures the caller that their call is still connected
- Assures the caller that their call is important and will be answered as soon as possible
- Entertains the caller, which gives the impression that the time spent on hold is shorter than what it really is
- Informs the caller of his place in queue and the approximate length of time until his call will be taken
- Informs the caller of information about the company, such as store hours, locations, or services
- Informs the caller about promotions or new products
- Informs the caller about products and services offered by the company
At Metwest we can provide a custom Message/Music for your business at great rates. Recorded in a proper recording studio we can help you get that profesional touch at a budget price. Contact us today so we can help promote your product while your callers wait.
Message/Music Source Devices
After selecting what you want your callers to here when they are on hold you then need to select a source device to record the message/music on to. Some Telephone Systems can have a small amount of Message/Music recorded directly into the phone system itself but most require an external source device to plug into your phone system using a special cable called an Line Isolation Unit (L.I.U).