The Anton Paar Alcohol monitor consists of a density transducer DPRn427(I) and an mPDS evaluation unit. Its high accuracy and reliability ensure efficient quality control and product monitoring of the ethanol concentration at the rectifier column (190 Proof) and condenser (200 Proof) for industrial ethanol producers or at the outlet of the pot still and in blending process for spirits distilleries.
How is the density measured?
The DPRn 427(I) transducer contains an oscillating U-tube system. It is excited and kept oscillating at its resonant frequency by two coils and an electronic circuit. The oscillation period and sample temperature are measured and transferred to an evaluation unit (mPDS 2000V3) for data processing.
Alcohol Monitor - Features at a glance
- High resolution and repeatability up to 0.01% w/w (90 to 100%)
- Short response time (< 1 sec.)
- No moving parts, long working life
- Robust IP65 housing
- Intrinsically safe to EEx ia IIC T6 (optional)
- Wetted parts made of Hastelloy C276
System configuration of On-line Ethanol Monitor:
- DPRn 427 intrinsically safe density transducer
- mPDS 2000V3 evaluation unit
- IPS 501 Intrinsically safe barrier
- Alcohol software: % alcohol, % H2O, temperature, density, Proof
Measuring range of On-line Ethanol Monitor:
0 to 100% (v/v) or (w/w)
0 to 200 Proof
-25 to 125 °C
Accuracy & repeatability of On-line Ethanol Monitor:
0.00005 g/cm3 / 0.00001 g/cm3
0.05 / 0.02% w/w (0 - 90%)
0.03 / 0.0% w/w (90-100%)
For further information or to discuss your application requirements please visit our website or contact us using the email feature below.