- Medium to high pressure hydraulic oil applications, or where resistance to phosphate ester** fluid is required.
- The small bend radius, temperature resistance and light weight of RYCO RQP5 hose make it suitable for under the bonnet automotive/trucking applications including hydraulic oil, diesel fuel, lubrication oil and transmission oil coolers.
- Sizes RQP54 to RQP512 also comply with SAE J1402 Type AII ''Automotive Air Brake Hose'' for use in truck ''air brake systems including flexible connections from frame to axle, tractor to trailer, trailer to trailer, and other unshielded air lines that are exposed to potential pull or impact''.
- RQP5 may be used with compressed air if maximum working pressure is reduced by 30%.
- RQP5 hose is normally used where there is minimal abrasion to the outside cover. If abrasion is likely, support the hose away from the source of abrasion using mounting clamps, or protect with RWA Wire Armour or RSG Spiral Guard.
- RQP5 is a reduced bore hose.
- It has a similar Inside Diameter to steel or copper tubing of the same nominal (Outside Diameter) size.
Black, synthetic rubber, specifically compounded for temperature resistance and multi fluid resistance.
Polyester inner braid covered with one braid
of high tensile steel wire.
Blue polyester braid. Skiving of cover is not required.
From -40°C to +150°C (-40°F to +302°F).
For water, water/oil emulsions, diesel fuels, glycol, air, and some phosphate esters** click to view
**Not suitable for use with aerospace type phosphate esters such as Monsanto Skydrol 500B, Stauffer Aero-Safe 2300W and Chevron Hy-jet IV.
SAE 100R5 maximum working pressures are based on 4:1 safety factor (SAE 100R5 minimum burst to SAE 100R5 maximum working pressure).