Who should attend:
If there is a requirement for breathing apparatus to be used in your workplace then this course would suit you. Either the closed or open circuit styles of equipment can be covered depending on your needs. During this one day course all students must operate breathing apparatus.
- Course introduction and enrolment.
- When is breathing protection needed.
- Relevant legislation/Australian standards explained.
- Case studies of unsafe breathing apparatus use.
- Human breathing principles.
- Risk assessments and hazard control.
- What type of breathing apparatus do I need?
- Understanding the role and function of key components.
- Calculating cylinder duration.
- Using a BA control board.
- After use care of equipment.
- Practical exercises conducted with breathing apparatus.
Practical and theoretical and application based assessments.
When: As required
Where: On your site or at our training facilities
Duration: 1 Day
Class Size: Up to 10 people