The active called Spinosad is highly efficacious against a wide range of caterpillar pests, thrip and leaf miner.
Features of Organic Insecticide | Entrust:
- Rapid Activity on target pest
- Very favorable toxicological and environmental profile
- “Reduced Risk” registration & winner of EPA Green Chemistry Challenge
- Little or no impact on most beneficials (IPM fit)
- Not shown to be phytotoxic to crops
- Ingredients meet the requirements of the USDA National Organic Program, OMRI and BFA
Queensland Fruit Fly
Dow Agrosciences & QDPI Indooropilly have researched and developed a Queensland fruit fly lure and kill bait called NaturalureTM which it based on Spinosad and is Registered Organic with OMRI, USDA and BFA.
Organic Insecticide | Entrust Technical Information
Entrust Naturalyte Organic Insecticide is based on the metabolites of a soil borne micro-organisms from the actinomycetes class. The active ingedient produced by these micro-organisms namely Spinosad is extremely effective against caterpillar pests including:
- Heliothis spp.
- Diamond Back Moth
- Light Brown Apple Moth
- Cherry and Pear Slug
The advantages Entrust Naturalyte Insecticide has over products like Bt's are:
- Faster acting meaning less damage to the crop
- Less affected by UV light and rain wash-off
- Is tranlaminar meaning it gets into the leaf tissue to last longer
It is good farming practice to rotate the type of product used for insect or disease control. Organic Insecticide | Entrust should always be used as part of program with Bt's. Entrust Naturalyte is registered organic with the BFA and will soon carry registrations for Thrips in most horticultural crops.