Using Condensation Particle Counting (CPC) technology, this portable instrument detects and counts ultrafine and nanoparticles.
Ultrafine particles are defined as having a diameter less than 0.1 um (or 100 nm).
Engineered nanoparticles (nanomaterials) are a subset of ultrafine particles with dimensions from 1-100nm.
Particles this small are capable of depositing in all areas of the lungs and are too small to be measured by traditional mass-based measurements.
Man-made sources of ultrafine particles include vehicle emissions, welding and combustion by-products, chemical reactions, and engineered nanoparticles.
The P-Trak can be used to assess workplace levels of ultrafine and nanoparticles to establish a baseline or identify areas of high ultrafine particle generation.
The P-Trak is easy to use, provides real-time measurement, and data logs information for follow up report generation.
Features and Benefits of P-TRAK® (IH) Ultrafine Particle Counter:
- Real-time ultrafine particle counter
- Battery operated and portable
- Easy to use
- Data log information
Applications of P-TRAK® (IH) Ultrafine Particle Counter:
- Establish baseline
- Area screening
- Work area trending
- Spot check new process applications
- Verify effectiveness of engineering controls
- Investigate IAQ complaints
Included Items in P-TRAK® (IH) Ultrafine Particle Counter:
- Carrying case
- Calibration certificate
- Telescoping sample probe
- Alcohol fill capsule with storage cap
- Alcohol cartridge
- 30 ml bottles reagent grade Isopropyl Alcohol (16)
- Zero Filters (2)
- TRAKPRO™ Data Analysis Software
- Operation and service manual
- AA alkaline batteries (6)
View Spec Sheet (249KB)