Leakage current tests are required by AS/NZS3760:2003 for appliances with an electronic switch. Simply conducting an insulation test on an appliance with an electronic switch could fail to recognise a fault beyond the switch.
The PAC3760 conducts earth bond, insulation and polarity tests, as well as leakage current tests for Class I and Class II appliances and leads. The unit is designed with simple 3 button operation: Class I, Class II and Leakage and results are displayed as a Pass or Fail.
Once the user selects the required test, the PAC3760 tester conducts an automatic sequence of tests, eliminating the need for complicated on-screen menus. Other features include automatic sensing of IEC or extension leads which adds a polarity test to the sequence and automatic detection of whether the appliance is switched “On”. To further improve the level of safety testing, PAC3760’s earth bond test is set at 10 Amps. This is beyond a multimeter’s continuity test and is capable of fusing a poor earth held by a couple of strands.
The PAC3760’s ease of use, smart automatic testing features and affordable price make it an ideal solution for manual testing and tagging applications requiring compliance with the leakage current testing specifications of AS/NZS3760:2003, whether a competent person testing their own equipment through to the professional contractor providing a testing service.
Emona Instruments | Industrial and Educational Technologies
Emona Instruments range covers electronic and electrical test and measuring instruments for the Australian market, engineering teaching equipment for Australia and New Zealand, and worldwide exports of the TIMS Telecommunications Training System.
Our electronic test and measurement product range covers:
* PC Based Instruments
* Data Acquisition & Logging
* Logic Analysers
* Multimeters - Benchtop & Handheld
* Function Generators & Counters
* RF Test Equipment
* Laboratory Power Supplies
* Production Safety Test & PCB Faults Locators
* Device Programmers & Erasers
* Circuit Simulation, Design & Layout
* Digital & Analog Panel Meters
* Calibration Equipment
Our electrical compliance and safety testing range covers:
* Portable Appliance Testing (Testing & Tagging)
* Installation & Installation Compliance Testing
* Cable Tracing & Faults Testing
* Mains Energy & Power Instruments
Our biomedical testing equipment covers:
* AS/NZS3551 Biomedical appliance tester
* NIBP simulator
* SP02 simulator
* Electrosurgical tester
Our engineering teaching range covers:
* Electronics, electrical and power engineering
* Control engineering (control & dynamics)
* Hydrogen fuel cells for training & OEM applications
* Telecommunications training
* Fluid mechanics, hydraulics & hydrology
* Thermodynamics, heat transfer, internal combustion engines
* Unit operations, biochemical engineering, process control
* Food Technology
Our coverage is Australia and New Zealand with offices located in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and Auckland, and our team of Applications Sales Engineers are ready to provide technical advice or on-site demonstrations on our wide range of products.