The advantages of this system are numerous and are listed below for easy reference:
Machined – in close – clearance bearing stabilises shaft.
- Cavitation caused deflection is minimised.
- Minimal clearance sharply throttles solids, which allows the low-flush to keep them out of the shaft area.
- Flush – use reduction averages 2/3.
Fewer sealing rings required.
- As few as two rings of packing required.
- Results in minimal friction to sleeve / shaft.
- Little, or in some cases, no leakage from gland.
- Eliminates need to constantly adjust packing.
- Marlo high performance, ultra pure heat conductive sealing rings can virtually eliminate sleeve/shaft wear.
High performance thermoplastic bearing block.
- The bearing material has a very high compressive strength.
- Is impervious to most chemicals.
- Virtually has no dimensional growth up to 260 Deg C.
- Split, pinned, drilled and tapped for easy installation and removal.
- Available as split bearing without lantern ring groove.
Automatically positions flush channel correctly.
- Lantern ring cannot move past flush inlet.
- Flush flow remains constant.
Applications of Pack-RYT Sealing System:
- Vacuum Pumps
- Condensate Pumps
- Boiler Feed Pumps
- Hydra pulpers
- Bottom scrapers – in conjunction with Marlo 7413
- Asphalt pumps
- River water pumps
- Fry oils
- Glue / Starch pumps
- Sewerage pumps
- Cooling tower pumps
- Fire water pumps
- Waste water pumps
- LP Feeders / HP Feeders
- Caustic pumps
- Pulp pumps
- Ash pumps
- Mixed juice pumps
- Raw juice pumps
- Syrup pumps
- Dry powders
- Animal fat
- Slurry pumps
- Lime pumps