The twin shaft, low speed, high torque grinder has very low energy consumption - in some cases it can be as much as 50% lower than a comparable submersible pump system.
Pump capacity can be limited, to offer a controlled feed, which helps improve effluent loading into a small treatment plant. Being a positive displacement pump, head is independent of speed, therefore very low pump speeds can be selected to reduce abrasive wear, lowering ongoing maintenance costs.
The efficient maceration of sewage also eliminates the need to screen inflow and the associated labour costs for handling and disposal of screenings.
Features and Benefits of the Munchpump Packaged Pump System:
- Slow speed, positive displacement pumps offer low wear rates and controlled feed
- Munchpumps can consume up to 50% of the energy of conventional centrifugal sewage pump systems
- Munchers feature low rotating speeds when compared to high speed macerator impellers, which offers low power, a reduction in maintenance costs and low noise and vibration levels
- Due to solids maceration, inlet screens are not required, together with the associated labour costs for disposal of screenings
- Above sewage, dry location of equipment, eliminates sump entry risks and lifting chain certification
- Small bore pipe for rising main can be used, offering lower installation costs, reduced risk of septicity and smells and lower retention times allow a significantly better feed system to small treatment plants
- Each Muncher is supplied with a programmable logic controller (PLC) to protect the machine against damage and overloads
- Site specific packages available, including site survey and installation