An electric motor drives the paddle which rotates freely in the absence of dry material. When the paddle is impeded by the presence of material, the motor rotates within the housing to actuate a microswitch and signal and alarm.
As soon as the paddle is stopped from rotating, power to the motor is cut, extending the motor life. Once the material level falls, the motor is returned to its normal position and the paddle begins to rotate.
Series PLS paddle switches from Mobrey can be used with granular, pelletised and powdered dry products and may be used in high level applications with materials over 160kg/m³ and low or intermediate applications with materials over 80kg/m³.
Features of Paddle Solids Dry Products Level Switch - Series PLS:
- Time proven
- Simple and reliable
- Universal - Works in almost any dry material
- Top or side mounting
- Standard models to +150°C/+300°F
- ATEX dust approval
- Safepoint failsafe model with fault relay
Applications of Paddle Solids Dry Products Level Switch - Series PLS:
- Granular dry products
- Pelletised dry products
- Powdered dry products
- High, intermediate or low level alarm
Benefits of Paddle Solids Dry Products Level Switch - Series PLS:
- High temperature models to 400°C/750°F
- Extension shafts for top of silo mounting
- Mounting plates available to simplify installation