Wincomm's IP65 rugged Panel PC WTP-8865 series (15" & 12"), available from Soanar- Electronic Component & Supply Chain Solutions, has been enhanced by adding a low reflective touch panel to provide an excellent solution for applications in bright lighting environments. The WTP-8865 panel PC can be used free-standing or mounted on a swivel arm for HMI (Human machine Interface) for CNC machines.
The WTP-8865 series Panel PC can be used as a shop floor terminal at chemical & steel plants where there is high exposure to liquid spray, heat and air-borne particles. The WTP-8865 series can also be used in food, beverage, pharmaceuticals and farming production lines where daily cleaning with pressure water is required.
For harsh environment applications, the WTP-8865 all-round enclosure meets the International Protection Rating of IP65 level. Wincomm designed the WTP-8865 enclosure without any exposed ventilation slots or housing gaps. For I/O connections, a sealing cover with seven waterproof connectors has been added. For the optional PCMCIA slot, it can be covered with a sealing plate; for the optional 802.11 b/g mini PCI-e wireless module, it is equipped with waterproof antenna.
Besides the full IP65 completely-sealed design, for further robustness of WTP-8865 enclosure, Wincomm chooses to use high-end Grade 316 stainless steel which is also known as marine grade stainless steel. The 316 grade stainless provides better corrosion resistant.
For those applications with bright lighting conditions, instead of using high price sunlight readable LCD (optical bonding or ultra high brightness), Wincomm offers low reflection (LR) resistive touch panel alternative. By adding the extra polarizer film and quarter-wave phase retardation film onto the touch panel, most of the reflected light will be effectively blocked making the LCD sunlight readable.
The WT-8865's panel PC's computing core is Intel's latest Atom N270 processor with Mobile 945GSE Express chipset. This platform is Intel's latest power-optimized platform to deliver robust performance-per-watt. To ensure this completely-sealed system can accommodate to wide range temperature usage, Wincomm's thermal management experts build multiple thermal sensors to continuously monitor those temperature critical components. Different threshold temperature is preset either for fanless running or different fan speed running. With this intelligent fan control design, the WT-8865 can be used with 40°C ambient operating temperature. By further adapting wide range temperature components (especially for HDD and memory), the system can run under 55°C ambient operating temperature.
Other key features of the panel PC:
- The LCD panels are 15" XGA with 350 or 450 nits brightness, 12" is 400 nits with SVGA or XGA resolution
- The Atom N270 core speed is 1.6GHz with 512MB L2 cache and 533MHz FSB.
- For system memory, one SODIMM socket is available for up to 2GB 533MHz DDR2 SDRAM.
- The standard mass storage is SATA 160G HDD (with anti-vibration mechanism), IDE DOM and Type I/II CF slot are optional.
- Expansions flexibility is available for one mini PCI-e, one PCI and one PCMCIA slot.
- The I/O interface is fully designed with four USB 2.0, dual Giga LAN, two RS-232, one RS232/422/485, PS/2 mouse, PS/2 keyboard, audio jacks for line-in, microphone-in and line-out, VGA analog output and DC-in jack.
- The rear cover mounting interface is standard VESA 75x75mm and 100x100mm.
- Maximum power consumption may vary for different configurations; typically it is 58 watts for WTP-8865-15 and 53 watts for WTP-8865-12.
- Physical dimension and net weight may vary for different configuration; typically it is 395x348x93mm / 10kg for WTP-8865-15 and 350x298x80 mm / 7kg for WTP-8865-12.
- The system can be remotely controlled through Wincomm's remote device management software (WRDM)
With full IP65 completely-sealed and grade 316 stainless steel robust enclosure, low reflection touch panel, intelligent thermal management, power/performance-optimized Atom platform, waterproof accessories and expansion flexibility, Wincomm's WTP-8865 is an excellent solution for those applications under the harsh and bright lighting environment.