The vacuum box is located under the rubber belt on the outside edge. For larger width machines (3 m and 4.25 m wide) a box can be mounted on each side of the belt. This offers a number of advantages over the conventional rubber belt concept.
- The vacuum box is easily accessible as it is on the outside of the filter.
- The box is stationary as access for maintenance and cleaning is via removable panels on the box.
- The vacuum box acts as the gas-liquid separator eliminating the need for separate vessels. Piping can also be fixed.
- The overall height of the fi lter is reduced as there is no requirement for space under the belt for lowering of the vacuum box.
- There are no holes in the centre of the rubber belt so it can be reinforced across its total width thus increasing belt life.