The new right angle printed circuit board connectors in the SBS75x connector family have been designed to provide touch-safe and high power connectors with two primary and four auxiliary power positions in a compact and ergonomic design.
The addition of the new PCB connectors expands the SBS75x connector family’s capability to include PCB-to-wire and wire-to-wire applications.
The patented dual pole SBS75xPR right angle PCB connectors provide two power contacts rated 105 amps and four gold-plated auxiliary power contacts for applications requiring signal or low power capability up to 20 amps.
The male signal contacts on the wire side (standard SBS75x) are available in four lengths when sequencing is required and provide a last mate/first break connection in relation to the power contacts.
The SBS75xPR mating interface is touch-safe providing protection to the user by eliminating finger contact with live circuits per UL1977, section 10.2. This feature in the SBS75xPR right angle PCB connectors is required by UL for use in DC systems over 30 volts where the shock can be health-threatening.
Key benefits of SBS75xPR right angle PCB connectors:
- Space-saving design eliminates the need to bring wires to the PCB, giving engineers increased flexibility when designing systems
- Compact power to size ratio also maximises available PCB real estate
- Press-fit retainers on the housing secure and correctly position the connector to the PCB prior to soldering
- Manufactured using a durable safe UL94V-0 rated polycarbonate material
- Supplied as a fully assembled connector, saving time and money by eliminating the need for tooling or assembly