Our modular pelletising systems are highly cost efficient and cover a wide range of applications:
- Primary pelletising
- Masterbatch production
- Plastics recycling
Our Biomass Pellet Mill Pelletising Systems are used worldwide to process a wide variety of polymers, from low viscosity engineering plastics to high viscosity materials such as gum bases.
The typical pelletising system consists of three main components:
- Tempered water system (TWS) with centrifugal dryer
- Electrical control and power supply
The pelletising system interfaces with the extruder or melt pump. The pelletising process is performed in a closed loop system. The pelletised product is conveyed by the water flow from the cutting chamber into the centrifugal dryer. During the process, the pelletised product has no contact with ambient air, and there is no risk of gas, dust emission, or contamination of the product. The process water remains in the tempered water system, another advantage which contributes to the environmental compatibility of this process.
The special benefits of underwater pelletising systems are:
- Low space requirement due to compact design
- Low noise emission
- High economic efficiency
- Less cleaning effort required in case of product changes
- Simple access to die plate and cutter hub with replacement possible within 15-20 minutes
- Production of standard pellets and micropellets (0.2 to 12mm)
- All systems are backed by around-the-clock technical support
Telford Smith offers complete extrusion and pelletising systems for a wide range of materials.
Four models to choose from for 2 to 1,000 kg/hr and suitable for processing most thermo plastics materials.
- One piece solid tool steel rotary cutter
- Solid tool steel fixed blade with four cutting edges
- AC or DC variable speed drive on request
- Pneumatic clamping of polyurethane roller
- Variable pellet length available on request
- Stainless steel or aluminium contact parts throughput
- Low noise emission
- Alternative discharge heights on request
For more information on Pellet Mill machines please call or email for a direct reply.