It provides the knowledge and skills required to maintain life for an unconscious casualty until medical help arrives. This is a practical course with a 60% hands-on component, supported by basic theory without the medical jargon.
- Identify priorities of management DRSABCD
- Management of an unconscious casualty
- Expired air resuscitation on an adult, child and baby
- Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation on an adult, child and infant
- Management of an obstructed airway
- Management of a near drowning casualty
- Recognition and management of shock
Special student rate $55.00
Who Should Attend:
Persons who would like to acquire / refresh CPR skills.
Participants must be 14 years or older. Participants under 14 years must have permission to attend from a parent or guardian.
Progressive assessment of the competencies will be conducted throughout the course.
Statement of Attainment:
On successful completion of the course, the participant will receive a Statement of Attainment, which is valid for one year. As per the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, AHST recommends that the resuscitation module be recertified annually.
Perform CPR public course dates:
(All sessions below are held in Fortitude Valley)
- Saturday 16th February, 9.00am – 1.00pm
- Saturday 16th March, 9.00am – 1.00pm
- Saturday 13th April, 9.00am –1.00pm
- Saturday 18th May, 9.00am – 1.00pm
- Saturday 15th June, 9.00am – 1.00pm
- Saturday 20th July, 9.00am – 1.00pm
- Saturday 17th August, 9.00am – 1.00pm
- Saturday 14th September, 9.00am – 1.00pm
- Saturday 19th October, 9.00am – 1.00pm
- Saturday 23rd November, 9.00am – 1.00pm