The operating principle of the perma Futura is identical to that of the Perma Classic. The key difference between the two products is the clear plastic construction of the Futura which allows the progress of the grease piston to be visually monitored.
The lubricator comprises two primary components: 1) Grease canister together with electrolyte and 2) Activating screw and pellet. The reaction between the activating pellet and the electrolyte produces gas which accumulates in a sealed chamber and progressively forces the grease into the lubrication point.
The rate of grease dispensing is controlled by the activator type uses (Type 1, 3, 6 or 12) and the operating conditions, in particular the average ambient temperature at the point of installation. The activator screws are calibrated such that a Type 1 activator will dispense the grease in approximately 1 month when the average ambient temperature is 20ºC (type 3 in 3 months and so on).
Performance Features and Benefits:
- Compact and robust construction for reliable performance in harsh operating conditions
- Works in any position, even under water and in corrosive environments
- Can be set to 1, 3, 6 or 12 months to provide small volumes of grease at regular intervals in order to reduce lubricant starvation machinery failures and preclude the entry of harmful contaminants.
- Simple to install and operate with a visual indicator when fully discharged and viewing windows which allow the progress of the grease piston to be monitored
- Colour coded activating screws for ease of use and simple identification: Yellow = Type 1, Green = Type 3, Red = Type 6 and Grey = Type 12.