Certified intrinsically safe and water-immersible for chemical decontamination purposes, the GammaRAE II can be safely used in more environments than any other PRD.
The sensitive Cesium Iodide (CsI) scintillator of the GammaRAE II provides a fast, two-second response to radiological threats.
GammaRAE II alerts the wearer with a loud 85+ dB audible alarm, big, bright flashing LEDs, and a vibration alarm.
For stealth operations, law enforcement personnel can disable each alarm individually.
The GammaRAE II accumulates approximate dosage. Dosage data stored can be cumulative or cleared and reset for each use period.
IS Certification permits operation in potentially flammable/explosive environments.
Key Features of Personal Radiation Detector - GammaRAE II:
- Sensitive CsI scintillator for excellent search capability and fast response
- Prominent visible, audible and vibration alarms
- Immersible in water for easy decontamination
- Top-mounted reversible display
- Continuous digital readout in µR/h (µRem/h) or in µSv/h (µSieverts/h) and cps (counts per second)
- Dust and shock resistant
- Two AA Alkaline batteries last up to 800 hours
- Automatic background level referencing on start-up and upon user demand
- Passes drop test from 59' (1.5m) to hard concrete
- Low EMI interference from cell phones and portable radios
- Programmable search and high/low safety alarms
Applications of Personal Radiation Detector - GammaRAE II:
- Alert First Responders to radioactive threats
- Customs & border patrols
- Law enforcement
- Security officers in nuclear power facilities, banks, government laboratories, medical facilities
- Government agencies
- HazMat teams
- Fire Departments
RAE Systems Authorised Australian Distributor and Repair Centre