These include irrigational and potable water, various fuels, including ULP and diesel, chemicals, waste water, effluents and gases. Furthermore, FTA have specific materials developed for the short and long term storage of potable food grade products, including wines and olive oils.
FTA have a wide range of materials ranging from basic PVC through to military bullet proof Polyurethanes available, and have an extensive library of immersion testing to ensure the integrity of our pillow tanks are not compromised by the selected liquids.
Used by various industries, including mining, construction, pool renovation, and tank renovation, FTA pillow tanks are depended upon by various aid agencies, the military and government sectors. FTA is also the only accredited Defence Recognised Supplier of pillow tanks (bladders) in Australia.
Features of Pillow Tanks:
- Standard sizes from 1,200 litres (317 USG) – 50,000 litres (13,208 USG);
- Made to order sizes to 150,000 litres (39,625 USG);
- All join seams channel welded and tested; all end close of welds high frequency welded for maximum strength;
- Quality fittings 12mm (½”) through to 100mm (4”) tailored to suit your application;
- Excellent UV and abrasive resistant materials, giving virtually no evaporation due to no air inside bladders at any stage;
- Proven manufacturing techniques give you peace of mind with regards to integrity of bladders; and,
- Ideal for portable and remote applications where access is restricted.
Flexible pillow tanks (bladders) are manufactured from a wide range of polymeric materials, and are often the best option for a variety of fluids suited to many varying applications.
Experts in manufacturing of pillow tanks, FTA generally work off a square design style to ensure maximum stability in all applications and the best volume to area ratio.
All pillow tanks need a flat, clear area to be correctly setup, and are each supplied with a groundsheet to assist with proper function during filling. For sensitive fluids, FTA recommend a suitable berm liner in case of emergency. The berm liner can be fabricated to exact sizes for the volume of the pillow tank.
Fitting Options for Pillow Tanks:
- Threaded BSP Acetal fittings 12mm (½”) through to 100mm (4”);
- Threaded BSP stainless steel 316 grade fittings 12mm (½”) through to 100mm (4”); and,
- Welded seat fittings 50mm (2”) & 75mm (3”) male camlock (with ball valve and dust cap)
Liquids which can be stored in pillow tanks (bladders) is as follows:
- Natural & synthetic latex
- Various paints
- Calcium carbonate
- Red & white wine
- Ethylene glycols
- Fruit juice concentrates
- Aqueous chemicals
- Certain fertilisers
- USP white oils
- Unleaded fuel
- Base oils
- Edible oils
- Ink solvents
- Lubricating oils
- Water treatment chemicals
- Transmission fluids and coolants
- Transformer oils
- Potable water
- Diesel fuel
- Various slurries