Pipeline Coatings | PetroCote
Features & Benefits
- Whilst many liquids coatings product make the claim of being 'surface tolerant' none can match the proven performance of bitumen over countless decades. The system can be applied to a minimally prepared substrate under challenging and adverse conditions and still provide assured long term performance.
Uniform Film Thickness
- Film thickness is consistent across entire surface profile, unlike liquid coatings the film thickness does not diminish at edges.
Conformability and Impact Resistance
- Highly flexible 'Superflex' backing film is ruggedly durable but exhibits controlled elasticity and flexibility for ease of use.
Wide Ranging Resistance
- The system is highly resistant to alkalis, acids, salts and microbial attack.
No Curing Time
- Ready for immediate service after installation.
- Ultra Bond polymer bitumen mastic is highly resistant to soil stress and cathodic disbondment.
- No HSE Risks introduced by use of gas torches or similar.
SteelGard System Selection Guide
- Since its first introduction in the 1960’s Bitumen Tape Technology (*generically) has established an enviable and unrivalled track record of proven corrosion protection performance in a host of environments. The PETROCOTE Pipe Coating System exploits this proven technology to the full to deliver a class leading corrosion protection system.
- Petrocote Bitumen Primer: Fills surface imperfections and prepares the substrate.
- Petrocote Mastic: Fills crevices and profiles sharp angular changes.
- Petrocote Tape: Envelopes the profiled substrate in an impermeable plastic sheath.
- Petrogard Overwrap Tape (Optional): Affords increased mechanical strength to the installed system.
- Petrogard UV Overwrap Tape (Optional): Utilised to protect against UV attack.
Typical System Applications
- Above and below ground pipe work, fittings, tie rods.