Pipeline Coatings - Petrogard Petrolatum Coatings
Features & Benefits
- Surface Tolerance
- Whilst many liquid coatings product make the claim of being 'surface tolerant' none can match the proven performance of petrolatum over countless decades.
- Uniform Film Thickness
- Film thickness is consistent across entire surface profile, unlike liquid coatings the film thickness does not diminish at edges.
- Conformability and Impact Resistance
- 'Ease of use' is outstanding, intimate surface contact is maintained across entire substrate.
- Wide Ranging Resistance
- The system is highly resistant to alkalis, acids, salts and microbial attack.
- No Curing Time
- Ready for immediate service after installation.
- Solvent Free
- The system is safe to use in confined space and hazardous areas.
Since their first introduction in 1929, Petrolatum Tapes (generically) have established an enviable and unrivalled track record of proven corrosion protection performance in a host of environments. The PetroGard Petrolatum System exploits this proven technology to the full to deliver a class leading corrosion prevention system.
System Feature / Benefits
The combined features of true surface tolerance, ease of use, and the ability for this system to be applied both above and below water and provide 30 Years + Corrosion Protection Performance, make this an outstanding choice.
- PetroGard Primer: Fills surface imperfections and prepares the surface.
- PetroGard Mastic: Fills crevices and profiles sharp projections.
- PetroGard Tape: Envelopes the profiled substrate in an impermeable plastic sheath.
- Petrogard Overwrap Tape (Optional): Affords increased mechanical strength to the installed system.
- Petrogard UV Overwrap Tape (Optional): Utilised to protect against UV attack.
Typical System Applications
- Above and below ground pipework, steelwork, 'sweating' pipes and tanks, tie rods, duct sealing.