Pipeline Coatings | WaterWrap
- Construction: 2-layer system:
- First layer: Visco-elastic low preheat adhesive sealant.
- Second layer: Thick-walled, radiation cross-linked, high density polyethylene with PCI (Permanent Change Indicator)large radius bends
WaterWrap System-B is designed to be applied with a minimum preheating and is ideal for large diameter pipe. The installation is carried out directly on the cleaned and dried (pre-heated) pipe surface. The use of the 939 filler is required when the step down on the weld bead is >= 1/4".
The filler 939 is a thick mastic-like butyl rubber designed to fill and smooth transition areas. The semi-tacky composition remains flexible and easily moulded in place to conform around irregular shapes. During installation, the heat-shrinkable sleeve is wrapped around the pipe and heat is applied.
The heat activated backing contracts to form a tight fit around the joint eliminating entrapped air and filling the smallest of crevices with a high quality, corrosion inhibiting Visco-elastic adhesive sealant. The permanently cross-linked polyolefin outer layer forms a tough barrier against mechanical damage and moisture.
Product Features / Benefits
- Contains no asphalt
- Does not off-gas toxic vapors.
- Safe to use.
- Offers two Permanent Change Indicators (PCI)
- Underheat Indicator - Ensures correct application heat to entire sleeve.
- Overheat Indicator - Ensures no excess heat.
- Result - Reliable installation and full inspectability at any time after installation.
- High modulus of elasticity backing
- Greater soil stress resistance.
- Better overall performance.
- High impact and penetration resistance
- Tough, but flexible throughout.
- High shrink force
- Optimizes flow & fill of visco-elastic adhesive sealant.
- Greater, long term protection.
- Low application preheat
- Makes installation fast and easy.
- Keeps installation costs low.
- No special equipment or skills required
- Easy to install.
- Saves time
Product selection guide
- Max operating temperature
- 50°C (122°F)
- Compatible line coatings
- PE, FBE, Coal Tar, Tape & Asphalt
- Min preheat temperature
- Surface preparation
- SP 2 or SP 3 Ref. AWWA C216
- AWWA C216-00