Pipeline Coatings | WPC
WPC field-joint coating.
- Construction: two-layer system:
- First layer: Visco-elastic low preheat sealant adhesive.
- Second layer: Thick-walled, radiation cross-linked, high density polyethylene with PCI(Permanent Change Indicator).
WPC is a wraparound heat-shrinkable, ready-to-fit assembly for the corrosion protection of field girth weld joints in distribution and transmission systems.WPC is compatible with standard pipe coatings.
WPC can also be used for coating bare, replacement pipe sections and large radius bends. The system is designed to be applied with minimum preheating and is ideal for large diameter water pipe.
The installation is carried out directly on the cleaned and dried (pre-heated) pipe surface without any primer being required. During installation, the heat shrinkable sleeve is wrapped and shrunk to form a tight fit around the joint.
During recovery, the adhesive softens and flows to form a perfect bond with the pipe surface providing protection against corrosion. The radiation cross-linked outer layer forms a tough barrier against mechanical damage and moisture transmission.
Product Features / Benefits
- Dimpled backing provides a 'permanent change' indicator for application of heat
- Ensures correct application heat & allows easy post-heat inspection.
- Reliable inspectability at any time.
- Low preheat sensitivity & proven functionality
- Installation friendly in combination with high functional performance.
- High impact and penetration resistance
- Tough, but flexible even at low temperatures!
- Available as all-in-one unit or roll form
- Saves money by keeping inventory and logistics costs low.
- Sealing adhesive automatically flows and repairs minor mechanical damages
- Self-healing effect. Saves extra intervention steps.
- No special equipment or skills required
- Makes installation fast and easy.
- Keeps installation costs low.