Pipeline Coatings | WPC100M
WPC100M field-joint coating.
- Construction: Two-layer system:
- First layer: Visco-elastic adhesives sealant.
- Second layer: Radiation cross-linked, high density polyethylene
WPC100M is a wraparound heat-shrinkable sleeve specially suitable for higher stress conditions caused both by elevated temperatures and by soils with severe contraction between wet-dry cycles. The WPC100M is compatible with most commonly used steel pipe sections and large radius bends. WPC100M may be cut to the appropriate length to cover all pipe diameters.
The installation is carried out directly on the cleaned and pre-heated surface without any primer required. During installation, the heat-shrinkable sleeve is wrapped around and shrunk to form a tight fit around the joint.
During recovery, the adhesive softens and flows to form a perfect bond with the pipe surface providing protection against corrosion. The radiation cross-linked outer layer forms a tough barrier against mechanical damage and moisture transmission
Product Features / Benefits
- Dimpled backing provides a 'permanent change' indicator for application of heat
- Ensures correct application heat & allows easy post-heat inspection.
- Reliable inspectability at any time.
- Low preheat sensitivity & proven functionality
- Installation friendly in combination with high functional performance.
- High shear resistance
- WPC offers “safer protection”
- Available as all-in-one unit or roll form
- Saves money by keeping inventory and logistics costs low.
- Covers a wide range of operating temperature ratings
- Offers a solution for nearly every application.
- No special equipment (standard gas & a roller)
- Makes installation fast and easy.
- Keeps installation costs low.