Pipeline Coatings | WPC65M
- WPC65M field-joint coating.
- Construction: Two-layer system:
- First layer: Visco-elastic adhesive sealant.
- Second layer: Radiation cross-linked, high density polyethylene with PCI (Permanent Change Indicator).
WPC65M is a wraparound heat-shrinkable sleeve specially suitable for higher stress conditions caused both by elevated temperatures and by soils with severe contraction between wet-dry cycles. The WPC65M is compatible with most commonly used steel pipe coatings and is used for girth weld protection or to recoat (rehabilitate) long pipe sections and large radius bends.
WPC65M may be cut to the appropriate length to cover all pipe diameters
The installation is carried out directly on the cleaned and pre-heated pipe surface without any primer being required. During installation, the heat-shrinkable sleeve is wrapped around and shrunk to form a tight fit around the joint.
During recovery, the adhesive softens and flows to form a perfect bond with the pipe surface providing protection against corrosion. The radiation cross-linked outer layer forms a tough barrier against mechanical damage and moisture transmission.
Product Features / Benefits
- Dimpled backing provides a 'permanent change' indicator for application of heat
- Ensures correct application heat & allows easy post-heat inspection.
- Reliable inspectability at any time.
- Low preheat sensitivity & proven functionality
- Installation friendly in combination with high functional performance.
- Available as all-in-one unit or roll form
- Saves money by keeping inventory and logistics costs low.
- High shear resistance
- WPC offers 'safer protection'.
- Covers a wide range of operating temperature ratings
- Offers a solution for nearly every application.
- No special equipment (standard gas torch & a roller) or skills required
- Makes installation fast and easy.
- Keeps installation costs low.