Plastic Mouldings | Double Injection
Plastic Mouldings by Double injection moulding (or 2-shot moulding) combines two plastic materials injected into the mould to form a single part with two visible colours.
Advantages of Double Injection Plastic Mouldings
- This process allows for clear windows, coloured lettering or graphics or just a decorative and stylish appearance to your part.
- This process has been used for keycaps and buttons on telephones and other products for many years.
- The moulded-in graphics are embedded in the part and will not wear off with use.
- Clear sections can be utilized with back lighting for readability in dim or dark applications.
- Parts from double injection moulding can be designed in arrays to reduce assembly labour and eliminate defects from improper orientation common with individual parts.
- Colours are easily changed to allow using one mould to produce parts with different appearances for product differentiation.
- Anti-vibration rubber mouldings using M-AVE-1 which is the best kind of Anti-Vibration rubber to adhere to your product surface without needing any pre-gluing process, saving assembly labour time & cost