The linearising function is used for non linear inputs. A good example is the indication of the contents of a cylindrical tank lying on its side. There is a non-linear relationship between the depth of liquid in the tank and the actual volume.
The lineariser allows accurate figures to be entered and stored to reflect the actual contents. Up to 50 linearising points may be entered. An external input is configurable to perform one of various functions e.g. zero, tare, peak hold, display hold, display toggle (from live to linearised display),setpoint only access or security lockout amongst others.
This input can also be used to allow fast and easy access to the alarm setpoints. The front panel P button can also perform some of these functions. Each instrument is supplied with a single setpoint relay and an 18VDC (max 25mA) transmitter supply as standard.
Optional outputs include additional relays and isolated analog retransmission, (4-20mA, 0-1VDC, 0-10VDC) or serial RS232/RS485 communications. Electrical isolation between power supply, input signal and retransmission eliminates grounding and common mode voltage problems.
Features of PM4-LN 50 Point Lineariser For Analog Input:
- 50 point lineariser
- EEPROM storage of lineariser table values
- Pushbutton calibration and setup
- Displays in engineering units
- Isolation between input signal/supply and retransmission
- Rugged enclosure
- 240V, 110V, 32V, 24V AC, 12 to 48V DC or 50 to 110 V DC operation (factory configured)
- Alarm/control relay output (5A)
- 18VDC transmitter supply
- Remote input to perform a special function e.g. brightness level, fast setpoint access, zero, tare, display toggle, peak/display hold, setpoint only access or security lockout
- 2 year guarantee