Polyurethane Products | Sheets
Polyurethane Elastomers are extremely versatile materials and this has been the key to their widespread applications. This flexible engineering material is available in Polyurethane sheet, rod & custom cast products. Polyurethane has a unique design and construction combining many of the advantages of rigid plastics, metals and ceramics with the extensibility of rubber.
Dotmar has a modern Polyurethane sheet casting facility with the ability to cast polyurethane parts to a near net shape and then post machine according to your requirements.
There are many different types of Polyurethanes sheet, polyurethane rod & polyurethane custom cast component materials. The four basic types are;
- Polyether / TDI
- Polyether / MDI
- Polyester / TDI
- Polyester / MDI
As a general guide:
- Polyethers are recommended for applications were parts undergo dynamic stress. ie. They incur lower heat build-up. They also have advantages in resilience, low temperature performance and resistance to water attack (hydrolysis). Polyethers also have lower viscosity and specific gravity.
- Polyester based urethanes have superior cut, tear, abrasion, oil and solvent resistance.
- MDI based products have lower isocyanate odour than similar TDI types and have superior hydrolysis resistance and higher resilience.
- TDI based products are less sensitive to moisture, have shorter demould times and lower cure temperature requirements compared to MDI types.
Properties of Polyurethane Sheet, Rod & Castings:
Polyurethane can be adapted to comprise a wide range of unique properties, which is a key factor of its versatility.
- Abrasion Resistance.
- Toughness – tensile strength.
- High Load bearing ability.
- High tear resistance.
- Mechanical Properties.
- Resistance to water, oil, grease.
- Electrical properties.
- Corrosion resistance.
- Colour Range.
- Cost effectiveness (when long service life of PU parts are taken into account)