3D digitising, 3D modelling, point cloud inspection, reverse engineering, rapid prototyping or copy milling: this system is an all-purpose metrology tool for a multitude of applications.
The Romer Absolute Arm 7-Axis "SI" series with integrated laser scanner delivers the convenience of a fully integrated 3D scanning solution.
The scanner is permanently incorporated into the seventh axis, and weight balanced with ROMER's Zero-G counterbalance feature for ergonomics and ease of use.
The feature pack contains the scanner interface, so no external controller box is required.
Single button automatic laser power control allows scanning of different surface types. No warm up time, coupled with no homing procedures, means an operator can be up and scanning in just moments.
- The universal scanning solution – accurate high-speed scanning for all types of parts and applications
- Fully integrated scanning solution – no additional cables or controller box
- Semi-automatic laser power control – allows to scan on different surface types without any operator interaction
High accuracy encoders which eliminate the need for referencing – simply switch on and start measuring
All Romer arms have infinite rotation. This means that all the joints are able to be rotated continuously without ever locking. This increases user comfort as it enables the user to reach hard to access points that might have otherwise only been reached by moving the entire unit. This remarkable feature of the Romer arm increases the overall efficiency and measuring speed
Wireless Wi-Fi battery pack (wireless probing and scanning)
Dual Battery Concept for RS Wireless Wifi Pack with hot swap capability
Unlimited battery operation time – Add an additional battery to your configuration and use our recommended quick charger with built in calibrator to charge one battery while the other two are used
Run times with RS wireless pack (without recharge)
- Up to a full day (8h) in probing mode without any recharge
- At least 2.5h in scanning mode without any recharge
- Improved battery doors for Mobility Pack and RS Wireless Pack – Just a simple tools is required to exchange the batteries
Carbon fibre body
Romer arms contain a carbon fibre body. In addition to the lightweight characteristics, the carbon fibre also provides extreme thermal stability. This means that the arm will not expand or contract due to fluctuation in the surrounding temperatures, therefore providing constant high accuracies.
Additionally, the carbon fibre body eliminates the need for a warm up time. Therefore it is switch on and measure.
TESA smart probes
The TESA smart probes have a microchip containing information of that particular probe. This allows the software to automatically recognize the probe's size and shape, eliminating the need to calibrate the probe every time before use. Huge range of probes and replacement Renishaw stylus for every application
- Lock and unlock the arm with a simple switch
- Quickly secure the arm when carrying or moving it around
- Lock the arm in intermediate positions when working in tight spaces or for other special application where you want the C-axis to be locked