Transit time ultrasonic flow meters use sensors which strap on to the outside of existing pipes and are configured for the pipe size and material - and the liquid. They are tolerant of suspended solids to 2% but not of partially filled pipes or aeration.
The standard unit has internal data logging but optionally you can get SD card logging version to transfer data readily to a PC Spreadsheet for analysis. The units have wide functionality and have three sensor sets to cover pipes - DN15 to DN100 [standard], DN50 to DN700 and DN300 to DN6000 - all available as standard high temperature to 160C.
Specifications of the TDS-100H Portable Transit Time Ultrasonic Flow Meter for Liquids:
- Flow velocity bi-directional +/-32m/sec
- Suspended solids to 20000ppm
- Accuracy +/- 1% and linearity +/-0.5% when correctly installed
- RS232 hyperterminal connection standard - internal memory 2000 datasets
- Rechargeable internal battery - 10hrs operation