With the trend towards energy saving and carbon reduction, electricity consumption has become an important part of daily life. A key component of maximising energy efficiency is monitoring power consumption.
Features of the ICP DAS Power Monitor and Management Solution:
- It consists of two parts, the Smart Power Meter, and the Power Meter Concentrator.
- Supported by a Web Server and Database the whole process of developing a power monitoring system is simplified, no programming is required, and a few clicks on a web page completes settings and stores the power data in a database for further analysis.
- ICP DAS advanced Smart Power Meters are designed to give access to real-time electricity usage for single or three phase power measurement.
- With its high accuracy (<1%, PF=1 ), they can be applied to both low voltage primary side and/or medium/high voltage secondary side and enables the users to obtain reliable and accurate energy consumption readings from the monitored equipment.
- These compact size power meters are equipped with revolutionary wired clip-on CT’s (various types, support input current up to 200 A).
- They operate over a wide input voltage range 10 ~ 300 VAC. With 2 channels relay outputs, they can be linked with sirens or lights for alarm messages.
- They also support Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP or CAN bus protocols for easy integration.
The Power Meter Concentrator connects the Smart Power Meters via Modbus RTU to read the power data of the devices, enabling power monitoring and management functions. The inbuilt Web Server allows users to set up the parameters of the system, and read data in real-time, or in historical trend. The Concentrator is equipped with a built-in Modbus Slave function that enables SCADA Software to connect to the system. The Concentrator also provides alarm notifications.