Our design flexibility allows for unlimited options such as special cross arms, climbing systems, non-standard pole lengths and varying strength values.
Steel poles are an aesthetic alternative to traditional high voltage towers and offer far greater corrosion resilience due to the self cleaning nature of a tapered structure.
Steel poles can be designed for use to be installed in lieu of towers without needing to compromise on height and span lengths and offer the advantages of a much smaller easement and greater public acceptance.
Longer spans enable line designers to minimise the use of structures and maximise spans to match the limits of the conductor being used.
Spacing can be achieved without consideration of pole strength and INGAL EPS can design a pole to meet any loading requirement you have as the conductor will always be the limiting factor.
Because of the tapered design of our poles and the grade of material used in our designs, INGAL EPS steel poles are invariably the lightest pole structures available for any transmission line.
- Conform to all relevant AS/NZS standards (can be designed for US standards)
- Poles can be designed up to 75m in height, and with ultimate tip loads of up to 900kN
- Self bonding
- Impervious to insects and rot
- Non combustible with proven bush fire performance
- Fully recyclable with end of life salvage value
- Hot dip galvanised finish
Options and Accessories:
- Unlimited variations in lengths, diameters, tip loads, hole arrangements, pole hardware and accessories
- Poles can be either base plate or in-ground mounted
- Poles are typically 12 or 16 sided, but can be produced as tapered octagonal or tapered round